Friday, September 15, 2006

Today...

In looking over this site I'm not quite sure it is serving the purpose for which it was intended. It appears I've become somewhat verbose in description of my inter-health and somewhat lax in reporting on my outer health.

Today marks two weeks since surgery and in my opinion I’m doing quite well. With the aid of my cane and my cat I have become fairly mobile with frequent trips to the garden and my home office. Lola has returned to work and has trained the cat to take over in her absence. Though he is well intentioned, he has a ways to go to fill her shoes. I am blessed by her love and care.

My current challenge is to remember where I am and that is two weeks from surgery. My natural tendency is do more than I’m ready to do. As a result I have some good days and some bad days with most of the bad days being a result of the good days. Slow and steady wins the race. I look forward to attending synagogue this Saturday for the dedication of the Ner Tamid (eternal light) designed specifically by local artisans for Beth Messiah.

September 19th I return to visit the surgeon and received the results of the pathology. I am optimistic and look forward to moving beyond this next step.

JR

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim,
Its great to hear you are doing so
well ! Praising G-D for that and continuing to lift you & Lola up in prayer daily.
I have very much enjoyed the
journey of getting to know your inter self also... I sense the Ruach Ha Kodesh (holy spirit)is
leading you and G-D molding & shaping and strengthening you as only HE is able to do. I can't quite explain it but It has been both reassuring and exciting to see
what G-D is doing and to anticipate
what he will do in your future. I have a very strong sense that regardless what happens on the 19th all will be well. I can only hope that when trials arise in my own life I will remember my friend Jim and how he leaned into
G-D during this very trying time and how G-D responded .
thank you.

in the joy of Messiah,
Roxanne

sue frederick said...

My dear friend Jim,

This site has done EXACTLY what it was intended to do...and we have ALL been blessed as a result. You know better than I do that your inner health is infinitely more important than your outer health. And while I am troubled by the circumstances, I am thrilled to watch you grow and strengthen the rest of us thru your journey as a result. I thank G-d for you daily as I remember you in my prayers. You and Lola have been much more than good friends, you have been holy and beautiful examples to me and many others of what true love and maturity in the L-rd is.

Please continue to share with us both your inner and outer health as the Spirit leads.


Sue