Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The Proper Thing to Do

I like to dress up. It’s very seldom that I don’t wear a coat and tie, which I believe is a piece of my past that continually pokes it head through my frame of reference. My maternal grandfather was English and a proper bloke. He came to the States at seventeen years old and never returned to Britain. He did, however keep a lot of England with him over the next six decades. To my knowledge he never came to the dinner table without his dinner jacket and tie. I remember asking him why after a long, dirty, tiring day farming why he would still change into his jacket before dinner. His answer was simple; “It is the proper thing to do.” And there you have it, some things are just the way they should be and others need help.

Want to hear more? Follow the Title link.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"If I can stay in the middle of the turmoil calm and unperplexed, that is the end of the purpose of God. God is not working toward a particular finish; His end is the process -- that I see Him walking on the waves, no shore in sight, no success, no goal, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because I see Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to God." Oswald Chambers